In 1936, Wilf Cockshott begins selling acetylene gas to welders out of his Winnipeg-based business, Garry Battery and Radiator Company.
After agreeing to distribute other industrial gases, Wilf launches Welders Supplies in 1946. The company opens a new 1,500 square foot building in Winnipeg, employs three people and operates one truck.
Wilf's son, Art, joins the firm in 1956 after working in Montreal as a chemical engineer. A Welders Supplies branch opens in Brandon, Manitoba.
The Winnipeg store is relocated to a 5,000 square foot building in 1957.
Welders Supplies' 2nd branch opens in Thompson, Manitoba in 1969.
Welders Supplies spins off a wholly-owned subsidiary, Medigas Manitoba Limited in 1976 to service the hospital, clinical, and respiratory needs of Manitobans. Medigas becomes a principle resource for respirologists and sleep researchers in the treatment of sleep apnea.
A new 30,000 square foot warehouse, showroom and administration facility is built in Winnipeg in 1984 to house Welders Supplies and Medigas. Art's son, Gary, joins the firm, bringing the 3rd generation into the company.
Art's son, Grant, joins the firm in 1993.
Welders Supplies launches the Microbulk Gas Delivery System in 2005, and becomes the first distributor of industrial gases in Western Canada to offer this service.
Welders Supplies celebrates their 70th year of business in 2016.
2010 brings customers the latest in cylinder inventory control with Advanced Cylinder Managementí.
Our first location, 1946.
Welders Supplies is featured in a magazine, 1950.
Canada's largest welding products showroom, 1983.